Friday 31 August 2007

Day Seven

Friday 31st August

Today's mission : Chillax with some Whales (Ones in the sea not ones in the Pool fool)


Got up and went down to the quayside to find out about the Pilot Whale and Dolphin trips leaving for the Harbor, however had to go to Subway first. Tradition and that.

Booked a Trip for two hours aboard the "Monte Carlo", got some money off. (I know Adam Fox you see).

Dad decided he wasn't going on the boat trip still, Couldn't do with the boat apparently...



Got on the boat, found a seat, Relaxed. Once we got going I really started enjoying the boat, my Dad had tried to scare me about sea sickness but I was having none of it.

Had some nice views of Los Christianos and Playa De Las Americas as we went out on the boat.



Found it really hard to walk around on the boat, felt like an idiot walking around grabbing on to everything for dear life. Still I wasn't fazed by the sea, I love it !




Once we got far out the engine was cut, the radio was turned off and then we started to see some of the Whales! It was really exciting seeing the Whales breaking the surface and spotting them. Even better knowing I was seeing them in their natural environment.




Heard one blowing water at the front of the boat so I went around and there it was. took a picture of course....



The thing about the boat was that it was glass bottom and I was lucky to see the Whales in below the surface in this way. The first one I saw went under the boat from a distance away. If you look clearly on this picture you can make it out.



Next a few went past, but it happened so quickly I only happened to catch the last one going past. It was so awesome seeing them like this. The picture doesn't do it true justice.



We didn't end up seeing Dolphins because apparently it was only a 50/50 chance but I was happy with seeing the Whales all the same.

When we came back into the Harbor I saw my Dad, and told him how stupid he was for missing out on such an experience.

Much didn't happen until we went out later. Saw the Cheers bar lady who says "Guys you coming later?" *in a scotch accent* every single day, when I went to the local Netto. bought a Donut.

Went for a 3 course Meal. Was good.However the entertainment was slightly annoying as it was yet another country act.

Watched Big brother live Final ! (I'm so sad) Brian Won, I was quietly pleased about that over a pint.

Went to a pub called the Big Ben, talked about how I had been in front of the Big Ben not long ago over a pint.

Went back and drank some sweet San Miguel.

Jay

No comments: