Sunday 2 September 2007

Day Nine

2nd September 2007

I'm going to fast forward about half a day on this one, because apart from Chris getting ripped off with some earphones at an electrical store and me playing Final Fantasy IV all day nothing much happened.

Tonight was special for Los Christianos as it was the day of its Fiesta, and when the Harbor was blessed by the big statue/float of the Virgin Mary.

We headed out to get a meal but the place we wanted to go was closed (probably because of the fiesta) so we went for (another) Chinese Buffet. I do like Chinese Buffets.
Now at this point I told my dad that all the action was going to be at the other end of town, but he said it was going to be by the harbor. I guess we were both right because the procession with the float of the Virgin Mary was starting off in the harbor and going up towards the other end of town.
However at this point me and Chris were going back to the apartments to get the digital camera and batteries and happened to stumble across the procession while my Mom and Dad were at some bar in the opposite direction.
I kicked myself because I didn't have my camera with me.

Once I got my camera I went down to the beach to watch the Harbor being blessed with the Virgin Mary. It was all very noisy with lots of flares, music and boat horns. Id never seen anything like it.



I also made an alien/man out of the sand.



A boat was loaded with the float with the Virgin Mary on and headed off into the Harbor where something along the lines of the Harbor being blessed for good fishing etc. took place.

It came back ashore and then I got the chance to take some pictures of it and the people around it.





Next after a bit of a wait there was a huge fireworks display from both sides of the Harbor. They must have spent the whole budget of a small country on the amount of explosives that they used.





After it was all over I took a trip into the Burger King, it was like a home from home.

Jay

No comments: